Monday, October 10, 2005

Watch the 40 Year Old Virgin!

What a riot of a film! Go, watch! Now!

We caught The 40-Year-Old Virgin in Greenbelt 3 and I was just laughing myself off my seat most of the time. Sure there were some slapstick scenes, and references I didn't get. But the comedy really got my funny bone. Steve Carell was perfect for that role, and the supporting cast led by Catherine Keener (who was excellent in Being John Malkovich, one of my all-time favorites). He better follow it up with another good one or else he's a fluke.

What else can I say? Well this movie draws comparison to American Pie and Wedding Crashers. And while I didn't see Wedding Crashers, I think that this movie is a lot better than American Pie. The protagonist is a much more lovable loser, you kinda cheer him on throughout the movie. I found the script a lot wittier, and smarter, maybe even insightful.

I don't mind watching this one for a second time. Although, I fear it may not be the same kind of experience as the first (rimshot).

No comments: